Sunday, 15 May 2011

A lot can change in two weeks, if you want it to...

I started this diet 13 days ago and for the first week it was very hard, I don’t know about everyone else but during the week days I find it quite easy to diet whilst being in the routine of work and the gym. What I find challenging is the weekends, no chocolate, alcohol, bread or crisps. This can be quite daunting when you have a lot of time on your hands with not much else to do, especially as I’m saving towards buying my first house.  

The weekdays of the first week were challenging at night because I’d get back from the gym, eat a balanced evening meal and then feel the need to snack around 22.00. Unfortunately I did this every night during the first 7 days and although my meals were very well planned and balanced, I’d feel like I’d let myself down being so close to the finish line every day. You will always hear people say that it is easier to gain weight compared to losing it, this is something I’d agree with on a mental level.

I believe that dieting can be largely attributed to your mental state, during my first week I was slightly worried about the visit to my knee consultant but after getting good news that there is an 80 percent chance physiotherapy will cure my problem I suddenly found the concept of getting fit much more acceptable and easier to abide by.

I started on 240 lbs, I am now 231 and feel much more energetic already. What I find strange is that I have managed to get better results whilst weight lifting, achieving results literally in weeks compared to months of half arsed attempts. If you’re really up for a diet then you should do it properly, I understand why people constantly say ‘I need to go on a diet’ or ‘I wish I could lose a bit of weight’, what I can’t understand is why they don’t do anything about it and run away from it. I don’t really see any excuse for not doing something that you want to (unless it’s illegal etc), you only get one shot at life so why not give it your best shot and achieve as much as you can, this logic makes sense to me.

Diet wise this is what I will eat on daily basis, I chop and change a few parts but generally the timings and staples of the diet remain the same throughout the week.

8.00 – Porridge, soya mil and natural honey.

10.30 – Apple.

12.00 – Handful of sunflower seeds.

12.45 – Lettuce leaves and marinated chicken.

15.00 – Sunflower seeds again!

16.45 – Banana.

17.30 – Protein shake.

19.00 – Protein shake with recover carbs.

19.30 – Pasta sauce, small amount of pasta, chicken breast, mushrooms and broccoli.

20.00 – Orange or two.

I try not to eat any more after this, for two reasons. Firstly, I’ve had enough and secondly because it is not that good to eat just before sleep unless you’re trying to bulk up, something I am not interested in right now.

If anyone is interested in what types of workouts I do, then just message me or leave and comment and I’ll draw up a plan of what I do weekly involving cardio and weights.

Key facts:

Weight: 231.4 lbs.

Height 6ft 5” – This stayed the same for some reason.

Waist: 38.5”

Biceps: 15.5”

Chest: 44”

Inner thigh: 26”

Remember I’ve set up a JUST GIVING account, I don’t expect anyone to donate but anything received will be donated to the Alive and Kicking foundation. Wish me luck and will keep you all posted! If there is anything you want to know then you can e-mail me at daniel_vill@hotmail.co.uk or twitter me @danjel8.

No comments:

Post a Comment